- If you have the time, check out this interview Anna over at IndiefulROK did with the lovely duo Kim Sawol x Kim Haewon that I translated. Their EP was one of my favourite releases of 2014.
- ....Speaking of 2014, the "best of 2014" lists are coming. I just need to sort some stuff out first...
- Another thing that's going to happen (and I promise) - recaps of Unpretty Rapstar. And this time, we will try to make sure that we get through the entire thing. Shouldn't be as difficult, since there will be less episodes. We'll see though.
- I recently moved to Chicago. It's a big city and I don't have that many friends. If you are in the area, definitely hit me up and we can talk about silly things like Korean music and food together, maybe.
Music-wise, recent rotations, among others:
- The Quiett feat. Saetbyeol "Nothing". Download the track here.
- 18gram's self-titled first full-length album. Listen to "Secret Forest" here. This band is fronted by Ryu In Hyuk of Eastern Sidekick, one of my favourite bands!
- From the Airport's first full-length album You Could Imagine was surprisingly disappointing for me, personally.
- Purity Ring's latest songs "begin again" and "push pull" from their upcoming 2nd album. I'll be seeing them in June, so excited!
- I went to see the Cold War Kids last weekend. I'll also be going to the Pitchfork Festival in July, along with Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds show in May.
Anyway, let me know if you've listened to anything interesting lately. I've been kind of behind on recent music.
I'll be back soon!